Our mission is to support community-driven development programs worldwide by collaborating with local partners to design and implement sustainable engineering projects, while creating transformative experiences and responsible leaders.
Our guiding principles are to:
- Create a sense of excitement and enthusiasm about solving technical development problems within a cultural and social context by bringing together those who are interested and encouraging discussion amongst them to solve the problem together.
- Organize a project team(s) to design and implement sustainable and appropriate community engineering projects.
- Provide transformative education to students with first hand project experience, seminars, lectures, conferences, and workshops.
- Work with EWB-USA to ensure the quality of the engineering package and the end product for the community.
- Be aware of the cultural and social implications of the proposed technological changes brought about by the implementation of the project.
- Partner with local professional engineering communities and EWB-USA professional and university chapters.
“We aim to foster an ongoing commitment and relationship with the communities we serve. Communication including site visits and face-to-face meetings form the basis for reaching our goal of providing sustainable benefits.”
EWB-USA WORKS WITH COMMUNITIES TO FIND APPROPRIATE SOLUTIONS FOR WATER SUPPLY, SANITATION, ENERGY, AGRICULTURE, CIVIL WORKS, STRUCTURES AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS. SINCE THE BEGINNING OF 2013, THE FREDERICK COUNTY PROFESSIONAL CHAPTER HAS UNITED PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT IMPACTING THE LIVES OF OTHERS THROUGH ENGINEERING.